FREE SCHOOL MEALS AND PUPIL PREMIUM If your child is eligible for benefits/income related free school meals, we will be able to get extra funding for your child’s education through Pupil Premium funding. This is an extremely important element of school funding that is essential in helping your child to achieve their full potential.
Remember, if your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2 and you receive a qualifying benefit, make sure you apply so the school gets the extra fundingUse the easy online checker to find out if you are eligible.
Simply click this link to check if you are eligile! https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/
Knowing whether you are eligible can be difficult, as the guidance is a little confusing. Please check your eligibility, even if your child is in Reception, Y1 or Y2 and received Universal FSM. If you do not apply, we do not automatically receive Pupil Premium funding.
CAN MY CHILD GET FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
Reception and years 1 and 2
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 get free school meals (universal free school meals) regardless of your income. Get in touch with your school if you haven’t had a letter about this
But if you or your partner do receive a qualifying benefit please apply or the school won’t get the funding.
Year 3 to year 6
Your child could be eligible for free school meals if you or your partner receive a qualifying benefit.
If you or your partner receive any of the following benefits you can apply for free school meals.
· Universal Credit – your household earned annual income must be less than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits
· Income Support
· Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income related Employment Support Allowance
· Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit – with no Working Tax Credit and your annual household income is no more than £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue
· Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
HOW LONG WILL MY CHILD GET FREE SCHOOL MEALS? After March 2022, existing children who no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education, i.e. primary or secondary.
- If your child is in year 4 in 2022, they will receive free school meals until they finish primary school. They will not be eligible in secondary school if you and your partner’s income is more than £7,400 per year.
How to apply
Apply online and get an instant decision.
Please click here to see how we will use the money to support your child.